Data Science has emerged as a highly lucrative and appealing field that MBA students are keen to explore. Data Science holds a lot of potential, as data production is increasing and businesses require more professionals who can analyze data and extract useful information from it. Because of this change in the industry, the demand for specialized training in Data Science has increased.
Students who have an MBA qualification with a concentration in Data Science have the option to work in a diverse variety of industries. As an MBA graduate in this field, you can work for an organization and apply the data you have learned to understand consumers’ behavior better. There is a steady increase in demand for analysts and data scientists in the marketplace since nearly every job requires any form of data.
A few of the jobs for MBA graduates who have completed their studies in Data Science are as follows:
- Marketing Analyst – As a market analyst, you’ll deal with information. You’ll be required to analyze the market’s conditions of the moment to analyze and determine the anticipated sales for a particular item.
- Market Researcher – The job of a market researcher is to work with information on a regular basis. Your responsibilities as a researcher are to collect massive amounts of data from customers, competitors, and other companies that you need to transform into actionable information through a range of statistical tools to assist the business in making educated choices.
- Supply Chain Analyst – As a Supply Chain Analyst analyst, you constantly deal with data. You employ analytical and quantitative methods to comprehend the patterns and make needed adjustments to the supply chain procedures. You will need to gather information, analyze it to identify any issues, and recommend any changes to the business to increase the efficiency of the process.
Other opportunities for career advancement for students with an MBA degree in Data Science include Logistics Manager, Risk Management and Data Analyst, and many more.
Also Read: Importance of Business Management and Why Students Should Opt for It
Benefits of pursuing MBA in Data Science –
- Offers Hands-On Learning Experience-
As experts working in the field of Data Science are accountable for the extraction, manipulation of data, and processing it, they should have a thorough understanding of software and programming language. An MBA with this concentration will equip students to understand tools such as Python, R, Tableau, Scala, and many others through hands-on and practical learning.
- Trains on Analytic Functions and Unstructured Data-
The course assists in developing multiple analytical functions for students to concisely communicate complex operations in data analysis. Utilizing these functions leads to better efficiency and higher performance.
- Nurtures Managerial Skills-
Alongside fostering industry-specific skills for students and enhancing their skills in the workplace, an MBA also develops management skills to enable them to assume managerial roles in the near future. Companies often seek out managers with excellent management skills since they have been known to boost the energy potential of companies by ensuring that the business is running smoothly.
- Rewarding Career Opportunities-
With the industry of data experiencing huge growth, one of the major problems businesses face is the shortage of experts who have the right analysis skills. The gap between the demand for data science and the skills needed for the field has led to a rise in the number of jobs to be filled. An MBA in this field will provide a variety of lucrative career opportunities for students as it equips them with the most demanded abilities and knowledge of the subject.
An MBA with a concentration in Data Science opens up a vast array of possibilities for you, should you choose to pursue it. There is a growing requirement of MBA graduates in Data Science, and the supply of specialists in the field is minimal; as a result, salaries are high. Additionally, since the world is slowly shifting toward digitalization, data science and data analytics have been gaining prominence and growing steadily with each passing day.
There are several management institutes in Delhi NCR, but most of them are not equipped to provide students with the latest and contemporary needs of the business world. If you’re planning to pursue a business degree from one of the top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR, then IBMR is the ideal choice for you.