Your aspiration as a student to attend the most prestigious B-schools is a dream for in-fact everyone. The B-Schools promise a bright future and on the basis of the set of skills and values that establish a strong foundation for an entrepreneurial or managerial personality.
Here are a set of things you need to follow in order to clear the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds for various B-schools:
- Organize your thoughts: Before you set out to the take the group discussion by storm, ensure that you are crystal clear about your own thoughts. Follow a pattern and try not to rush through the idea. Additionally, speak in a tone that is both clear and loud.
- Take a holistic approach: A group discussion session proceeds for some time to make sure of the information regarding the topic. It is thereby necessary to jot down your thoughts and ideas and compare them with a range of conventional and unconventional ideas going through the discussion. Having ample ideas will help you to elongate the debate towards wider sectors. Present them with reasonable points followed by suitable examples and you’ll have the group’s attention towards you.
- Courtesy is a must: Take care while speaking and try not to come across in an aggressive manner in order to impress and prove your point. Don’t speak too loudly or too softly and don’t refute aggressively if your viewpoint disagrees.
- Learn as you go: You need to be on your toes during the discussion and grow with the conversation. Listen to each point and moderate your point accordingly. Technically, this requires ample practice sessions and mock GDs with your peers or friends.
- Avoid conflicts and personal opinions: It is advisable to sideline your personal views and think like an academic personality. Additionally, avoid getting into verbal conflicts with certain members. Try to be respectfully and disagree their points with a valid reason either.
- Prepare the basics: It is a known fact that you will be asked questions like ‘why’, ‘why this institute’ and ‘how is the course relevant to your experience and expertise’ etc. Your MBA admission depends on how well you answer these questions in addition to questions pertaining to your personal interests.
- Confidence is the answer: These interviews are structured to evaluate your confidence by cross-questioning even though you deliver satisfactory answers. However, confidence comes with the appropriate knowledge. Therefore, be prepared for the worst.
- Be honest and polite: The interviewers admire honesty in addition to the aforementioned. Make it a point to answer their questions honestly even if you find yourself short of the correct answer. Think objectively and refrain from answering questions you don’t know about to avoid further cross-questioning.
- Be a keen listener: That is to say always act politely to achieve a positive review. Listen carefully to the interviewers in an event where they don’t fully agree with your views. Frame a better response after considering all of their points.
- Prepare a good CV: Apart from staying calm and having a positive body language, ensure that your CV reflects the best of your abilities in a presentable manner. The information on your CV should be precise as it will be assessed meticulously.
The ambition to get into the top 10 MBA colleges in India can only be a reality if only it is blended with hard work. Apart from qualities like punctuality, Discipline, etiquette and inducing a formal attire.This entry was posted in IBMR B School, IBMR B School Gurgaon, Interview, MBA and tagged GD and PI, Interviews. Bookmark the permalink.